Wednesday 13 August 2014

Moist Bana Chocolate Cake

Been a long time since I made this personal favorite. I have better results using rice cooker than oven. Sometimes getting an atas oven doesn't do justice to my hard worked batter. Hehe


 I modified this recipe.(http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2014/04/rcc-challengercc-13-super-moist.html)

60g unsalted butter
150g sugar
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
125g cake flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
150g banana flesh, mashed
1 egg plus another 1 egg white (I use small ones), beaten
120g chilled fresh milk

Method
-Double boil butter with sugar and half of the fresh chilled milk.
-Stir till butter and sugar melt.
-Remove from heat.
-Add remaining chilled milk to hot mixture so the temperature cools down and loses heat faster. (Thanks to the science concepts I always teach and thus applied them)
-Add mashed Bana to the mixture and keep stirring to lose a bit more heat.
-Mix in the beaten egg and stir well.
-Sift flour, baking powder, soda, cocoa powder into a large bowl.
-Pour wet mixture slowly and mix in with the dry ingredients till combined.
-As mentioned by Ah bee,  the batter should be runny.
-Pour batter into pot and press CAKE function.
-Remove pot when done (mine takes about 50min).
-Invert and let cool.

Review:
Shiok eh! I cut down on sugar as I wanted to taste more of the bitter cocoa. I liked the smell, taste and texture. So glossy and shiny. Sliced piece standing tall and strong! Thanks for the great recipe!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.